BECOME A KHISS!

Join the Blog and Become a Khiss!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Try This Twist Out !

Tired of the same old bantu knot twist out?
B O R I N G !
Well, I was too, girl.
So I tried something a little new!

I'm not sure if I saw this done on somebody's youtube video or I just experimented with the idea myself, nonetheless, you're going to love it.

It's called a Two Strand Flexi Rod Set. (I just made that name up by the way)

Ladies, I'm going to warn you right now, the process can be a little tiresome, especially if you have a lot of hair, but the results will be worth it.

Before styling, I washed my hair with Pantene Co Wash Cleansing Conditioner (see last post), deep conditioned under a hooded dryer for 15 mins with Pantene Deep Conditioner & ORS Hair Mayonnaise on my tresses which were in a plastic cap, dried with a t-shirt (to eleminate frizz), & allowed my hair to air dry for about 15-20 mins.

* Khiss Tip: No Soaking Wet Hair. Damp to half way wet/dry hair is the best to work with for twist outs for the sake of curl definition.


Let's get started, shall we?


The products I used were:



- a spray bottle of water

- Pantene Defining Curls Styling Custard

- Organix Argan Oil & Shea Butter Curl
Enhancing Yogurt

- Organix Argan Oil & Shea Butter Weightless Oil






I always start from the back and work my way to the front when doing twist outs, but you can do it which ever way you want, honey boo boo.
I began with a smedian peice like this, not too too small, but not too medium either. Like this ------------>

*Khiss Tip: The smaller the peice of hair, the better the defition.


1. If a little too dry, spray a bit of water on the hair.
2. Smooth a good enough amount of the weightless oil on the hair.
2. Follow with the Curl Enhancement Yogurt.
3. & then with the Curl Defining Custard.
      *in that order!
4. Once, nicely saturated, I seperate into two peices, and began to two strand twist.
    *KT: For better definition, twist within the  twist. Twisting like you would if you were doing bantu knots, on each strand, as you are twisting the two strands together.
 
 
 
 
*Whew* Chile,
Half way through....
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm all done!
The finished product .....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






Before I show you how it turned out, I must tell you I made an awful mistake! I did not sit under my hooded dryer and my hair was not completely dry when I took my twists down in the morning.... A big no no. Look yall, it was late when I finished messing with this head and a sista was TIRED! So that brings us to the next tip:
KT: Make sure your hair is completely dry before you take down your twists. This promises the best curl/twist definition.
 
 
So here goes nothing ......
 

 
WALA !







Of course, pictures never give me justice.
 

It still looks good, but it wasn't as defined as the time I did it before. And thats because of my damp hair, of course.  
 
 
 
You know the deal, Khisses, any questions, commments, or concerns, leave it right here !
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment