BECOME A KHISS!

Join the Blog and Become a Khiss!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Kinky Curly Curling Custard Wash n Go Review

Sheesh! Try to say that title three times fast!

Anywho,

I know you've heard the continued hype/blabber about the Kinky Curly line because I know I have; & frankly, I'm kind of tired of hearing about it, wondering how well it will work in my hair.

But every time I saw those prices in Target, it would make me think twice. shoot, three times, I'm a full time college student.

Fortunately, Jesus himself blessed me with free samples from an event I attended, so I said "yes" to His will and went ahead and tried em out.



I began by shampooing with the Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo while in the shower. A little of this is enough. It created an awesome lather. My hair felt clean without feeling stripped.
It looks like this:



After rinsing out, I evenly distributed Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave in Conditioner/Detangler through out my soaking wet hair. I then used my wide tooth comb to detangle my curls.
   *Khiss Tip: For wash n gos, I don't t-shirt/towel dry my hair for the sake of reducing frizz & poppin' curls.
Knot Today smelled pretty good and it was a great detangler.



I left Knot Today on for about 5 minutes before I applied the curling custard.

Upon first glance of the little sample packet of the Kinky Curly Curling Custard, I thought "All this hair I got, they coulda gave me a bigger packet than this". But I was surprised, a little bit of this custard goes a long way.

I applied enough to completely cover the palms of my hands, rubbed them together, and scrunched in my hair.
I left my hair alone for the remainder of the night and allowed it to air dry.
            *Khiss Tip: Keep your hands out of your hair as much as possible when doing W&G's to   ensure defined frizz free curls.
 
 
The pictures below are of my W&G after about 3-4 hours. I forgot to take a picture of my hair when it was still "fresh". This product isn't a shrinkage-fighting super hero, but I don't really care about shrinkage, I embrace it and rock out. These pics show my shrinkage at its most shrunken state! This is a legit afro. Black Power.
 
 


 
 
 
 
And this is how it looks in motion....
 
 
What I Would've Done Different
I think the reason why my curls weren't as defined as they could have been is because I wide-tooth-comb-detangled and then I applied the styling product. The next time I use these products, I am going to apply a rinse out conditioner, detangle, rinse out, and then apply the leave in and the styling product.
 
 
 
 
 
 So, What's Your Point....?
I like how the curling custard made my curls look. I don't think I need the whole line though. I plan on buying just the leave in and the curling custard for my wash n gos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment